Terms & Conditions
ZenVentures is operated by And Africa Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "And Africa", "we", “our", "us" or “the Company”). Any reference to "ZenVentures", "we", "our", "us" or “the Company”, shall include our employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, shareholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, holding companies, related entities, advisers, sub-contractors, service providers and suppliers.
- LEGAL PROVISIONS
By using any of the ZenVentures websites you acknowledge that you have read and are bound by the following Terms, as well as any other ZenVentures’ network usage agreements that may govern your conduct.
- Collection of Your Information
Your Information is collected on the Site when you voluntarily provide it. We also automatically collect certain online activity information as described below under “Log Files.” For example, ZenVentures collects Your Information (IP address, including your first name, last name, email address and country) when you register and open an Account. You may fill out a Profile (including your city, organizational affiliation, biographical information and other personal data) to supplement Your Information.
- Data Processing Partners
ZenVentures relies on a number of trusted 3rd parties to assist with our operations. Depending on the exact nature of your account and what you’ve requested we do, your data may be share with one of these partners. We carefully evaluate each to make sure they are handling your personal data with the utmost of respect, security and privacy.
- Use and Disclosure of Your Information
ZenVentures will use Your Information to facilitate the services you request through the Site. ZenVentures may display Your Information partially from your Profile on the Site and/or to other persons to facilitate social networking in the ZenVenture’s community. Please do not include any information in your Profile that you do not wish ZenVentures to share with others in this manner.ZenVentures may share information that is collected on any of ZenVenture’s Sites including:
- personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis (voluntary registration);
- Site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our sites;
- Site usage information tied to your personal information,
- communications you make with other users of the ZenVentures’ Sites. Zen Venture’s may choose to share this information with its affiliates, event organizers and/or sponsors upon request.
ZenVentures may also use Your Information in an aggregated, anonymous form consistent with ZenVentures’ charitable purposes, including disclosing it to certain third parties for research purposes and publishing research based on analysis of data.
ZenVentures may also use Your Information for such purposes as contacting you to let you know about updates to the Site, activities related to the Site, and ZenVentures’ related charitable activities. You may unsubscribe to these messages by following the procedures described in the correspondence.
ZenVentures reserves the right to disclose Your Information to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal processes, to defend ZenVentures against legal claims, or if ZenVentures determines it is necessary to investigate or take action in connection with activities that ZenVentures suspects are illegal, threaten the safety of any person or are in violation of these Terms.
- EU Data Directive Privacy Notice
ZenVentures is committed to compliance with its privacy obligations in the United States and throughout the world. This EU Data Directive Privacy Notice sets forth the privacy principles ZenVentures follows with respect to personal information transferred from within the European Union to Japan. This notice applies to the personal information of European Union Citizens maintained by ZenVentures in the ZenVentures’ database.
The General Data Protection Act (GDPR) is a set of privacy and digital security regulations enacted by the European Commission which sets out to provide some basic protections to personal and sensitive data of EU residents.
- User Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation
Data subject rights include:
Right to be forgotten - data subjects can request personally identifiable data to be erased from a company’s storage. Data will take 72 hours to be completely wiped from the site. The company has the right to refuse requests if they can successfully demonstrate the legal basis for their refusal.
- Right of access
Data subjects can review the data that an organization has stored about them.
- Right to object
Data subjects can refuse permission for a company to use or process the subject’s personal data. The company can ignore the refusal if they can satisfy one of the legal conditions for processing the subject’s personal data, but must notify the subject and explain their reasoning behind doing so.
- Right to rectification
Data subjects can expect inaccurate personal information to be corrected.
- Right of portability
Data subjects can access the personal data that a company has about them and transfer it.
- Right of access
- Collection and Use of Anonymous Information/*Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, on-site bookmarks, on-site subscriptions, clickstream data and site navigation history.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather information about our user base as a whole. ZenVentures may collect this non-personal information even if you are not registered on the Site.
We may link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. This information is tied to personally identifiable information to provide you with feedback about your experiences on the Site and to provide you with information that you may find interesting or informative. ZenVentures may also link this information to a particular individual or combine it with personal information if ZenVentures has determined that it needs to identify a user because of safety or security issues or to comply with legal requirements.
We do not share this automatically-collected data with third parties except those that provide direct services to us to facilitate the upkeep and operation of the Site.
ZenVentures takes reasonable precautions to host and maintain the Site in a secure manner and to safeguard it from unauthorized access but it does not take special precautions. Your Information is stored in limited access servers.
Neither ZenVentures nor its service providers can guarantee that any transmission of personal information over the Internet will be secure and you use the Site at your own risk.
- Your Consent
You agree to use ZenVentures responsibly and in a professional manner, and to hold us harmless against any damage that may happen to you or your company as a result of your use of ZenVentures. You also hereby expressly indemnify us from any claim for damages, rectification, specific performance claimed by another user of the Site or 3rd party arising from you or your company’s use of ZenVentures.
Minors are prohibited from using Our services and we are committed to not collecting Personal Information from any minors viewing the platform.
- Review and Update of Your Information; Deactivation of Your Account
You should be sure that your Profile is always accurate and complete. You may review and modify your Profile at any time by logging into your account except for scheduled maintenance which we shall inform you in advance and any unexpected technical issues. If you wish to deactivate your registration at any time via an email request to us if your Account is in good standing.
However, we may retain a copy of Your Information for our record.
- Other Rights We Have
Users of ZenVentures must understand that we have virtually unlimited rights to reject any user of our Service, to delete any content, or to publish content provided to us by users on their ZenVentures public profiles, including for the purposes of marketing our Service. This is not applicable to applications submitted for partner programs on the ZenVentures platform. Information provided in applications are strictly confidential.As a user of ZenVentures you agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use ZenVentures
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- In a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- To engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- To make unsolicited offers (in any form) or to make reference to any financial related service (or other) without the explicit consent of the ZenVentures organization;
- In a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- In a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- To impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to ZenVentures without authorization;
- To interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of ZenVentures or prevent others from using ZenVentures, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to ZenVentures, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use ZenVentures;
- To use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
- To facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- In a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- In a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through ZenVentures or to users;
- In a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their express consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of ZenVentures or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of ZenVentures for the purposes of automating logins to ZenVentures;
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from ZenVentures – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on ZenVentures’ infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of ZenVentures;
- Use ZenVentures as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of ZenVentures or for using it for purposes unrelated to ZenVentures;
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of ZenVentures.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use ZenVentures to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these General Terms & Conditions include our service providers and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these General Terms & Conditions.
- Refund Policy
Under no circumstances within the confinement of law will a refund of any Fees, or any other fees which may be applicable, be permitted.